Monday, October 18, 2004

Beltway Update

Ok, I haven't been keeping up with the reading but I caught up tonight.

As far as the NFL goes, I'm watching just about every game that comes on. I've been a little discouraged since this season has been like backwards-day extended into 6 weeks for just about everyone except New England. I'm not yet a serious NFL fan, since I've only really been watching for about 1 full season now, so it's tough for me to appreciate these lopsided underdog upsets - it's more like watching teams lose than watching teams win.

As far as my job goes, I'm making progress and getting up to speed, but I'm still being driven insane by my "learning experiences". I got to examine a sane application last week and was shocked - it took me less than a day while I was dosed up on Dayquil and more. My "normal" cases take me about a week to decipher the insane ramblings and machine-translated almost-English, so it was a nice glimpse of what the job will be like when I'm done "learning".

And I recovered from the cold without going to either the doctor or the ER - big accomplishment for me.

Coris and I plan on flying to Michigan for Christmas, though we've been slow on finalizing the plans. Her company likes to schedule her to work inconvenient hours, so we'll see how it works out. Of course, the Fed lets me off whenever I want and I live about 30 minutes from 2 or 3 major airports while Coris lives 2 and half days from civilization, and I never miss a chance to point out the irony.

I don't have much else going on. I've been continuing the home makeshift recording studio stuff but it's nothing but a hobby.

Oh, Coris and I went to a shooting range last weekend. Coris hit the middle of the bull's eye on her first clip. She loved it. We rented a .22 but she wants to try something larger. I don't think we're ready for that but it was still lots of fun and something new.

Well Monday Night Football is on and I haven't eaten yet. Talk to everyone later.

~Jason

3 Comments:

Blogger DixonFamilyChronicles said...

Hi Jason! Congratulations on shaking the cold all by yourself. Jeff wasn't so lucky -- he got to experience the campus health centre. Sounds like he is on the mend now though. Myself ... well, the itchy, runny nose stuff just drives me insane. And with high blood pressure, I'm leery of taking too much. And now I've shared it with Doug. Yuck.

I suspect you'll enjoy having Christmas in Michigan. It's always nice to be near family for the holidays. We should speak before then since I have some plans for Coris that will take some extra special handling. (If Coris reads this, bwa-ha-ha! I'm not telling!)

Glad to hear the job training is going well. Gotta love those "almost English" translation jobs. I see them a lot on sewing machine and knitting machine sites.

Take care -- love you!
Mom (Carol)

October 21, 2004 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger DixonFamilyChronicles said...

Coris and I got our plane tickets. We'll be arriving with Santa - 11:36pm on Dec 24.

Nothing else new to report.

~Jason

October 23, 2004 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger DixonFamilyChronicles said...

Wow! Great to hear that you got your plane tickets. Be sure to keep your eyes open for Santa and his reindeer!

Do you remember when ... you were young, maybe 3 ... and you wanted to sleep on the couch so that you could see Santa? We were in the first house in North Muskegon, so you were quite young.

So there you were with your teddy bear, snoring, when Santa arrived.

That was a priceless moment for a mom.

Love,
Mom (Carol)

October 26, 2004 at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home